Sunday, September 4, 2011

On the Launchpad

Folks, here's part two...of many. (See? I'm already doing a better job than half the bloggers out there who never get past the first entry!)

I'm sitting in the Asheville Regional Airport. Mom and Dad just dropped me off, and, after many tears and a last-minute iPod retrieval mission, we are clear for takeoff, people.

Those goodbyes were so hard...those of you who have been apart from your loved ones for long periods of time know what I'm talking about. I mean, I went off to college, but I could get in O'Reilly (that's the name of my Rav4, for those of you who don't know) and drive into my parents' loving arms at any time, just 5 hours on the road separating us. Well, not this time. This time I'm going to see nothing of Asheville or Marshall or Baxter or Bailey or Luca or Nate (aka Mr. Tinkles).

Okay, we're boarding...I gotta go. I realize that was a crazy short entry and all that. I'll try to post an update (and complete my thoughts) when I get to my next connection: DETROIT!

2 comments: